Maple Grove History Museum
9030 Forestview Lane N.
Maple Grove, MN 55369
Maple Grove Historical Preservation Society
Maple Grove, Hennepin County, Minnesota
Town meetings were held in private residences from 1858 until 1863, when the first town hall was purchased. In 1877, the town supervisors ordered the construction of a new town hall and sold the original structure to the highest bidder for $23.00. The new building served as the town hall until 1939, when it was leveled by a tornado. The third town hall was constructed and still stands today, being used as a community building.
The town board, consisting of three members, governed Maple Grove until 1954, when the town became incorporated into a village. In 1974 Maple Grove became a city. A new town hall was constructed on a site just north of the original town hall. The first city council meeting was held in the new building on August 4, 1975.
The current Government Center opened its doors in October 2000.